- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 40g baby spinach leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 125ml freshly grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup blanched almonds, lightly toasted
- 5ml finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 30ml lemon juice
- 3 disks of feta cheese
- 1 packet penne pasta
- 2 cups baby tomatoes, halved
- Blanche asparagus in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling
water, until bright green and tender but crisp.
- Rinse under cold running water until completely cool then drain
- Place half of the asparagus, spinach, garlic, parmesan, almonds,
lemon zest and juice in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped
with olive oil.
- Add the tomatoes, the boiled pasta the other half of the asparagus,
cut into 5cm pieces, and the asparagus pesto and feta cheese and toss
lightly and season.