SERVES 4 (as a starter)
- 1 medium potato
- 2 medium leeks
- 400g asparagus
- 1 tbs butter
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp castor sugar
- 50 ml double cream
- 100ml greek yoghurt
- Salt & white pepper
- Peel and dice potato.
- Wash and slice leeks.
- Cut woody ends of asparagus and then slice into 2cm pieces reserving
- Place the vegetables in a pan and sauté with the butter until
- Cover the vegetables with stock and add the sugar and seasoning.
- Boil, and then simmer for 40 minutes and towards the end of the
cooking, add in the asparagus tips.
- Blitz the soup until very smooth (you can strain through a sieve
if you want it extra smooth).
- Fold in cream and yoghurt and refrigerate.
- Salsa verde: blend together 1 cup parsley leaves, half cup mint
leaves, 1 bunch chives, ¼ cup capers, 3 cloves garlic, 2 tsp
dijon mustard, 2-3 tbs lemon juice, ¼ small onion, 4 anchovies
& 1 hard-boiled egg.
- Place a dollop of yoghurt with the salsa verde on top for serving.