- 3 Tbs Sunflower Oil
- 2 Large onions, finely chopped
- 140g Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, finely choppe
- Juice of half a Lemon
- 100g Packet Watercress, chopped
- 2 Tbs Chives, snipped
- 2 ½ Tbs Crème Fraiche
- 6 Sheets Phyllo Pastry
- ± 800-900g Fillet
- Heat some oil in a large frying pan and fry the onions until softened, then add the mushrooms and garlic and stir-fry until golden until and all the liquid has evaporated.
- Pour in the lemon juice and cook until that has evaporated too.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the watercress so that it wilts in the pan. Stir in the chives, season and leave to cool.
- When the mushroom mix is cool stir in the Crème Fraiche.
- Season your Fillet and sear in a very hot pan until browned.
- Brush all the Phyllo sheets with the remaining oil. Place 4 sheets on a baking tray and place the seared Fillet across the width of the Phyllo about a third of the way up.
- Spoon and spread the cooled mushroom mix over the top of the Fillet. Fold and tuck the Phyllo over the Fillet completely encasing it. Brush the outside with a little more oil and scrunch up the last 2 pieces of Phyllo across the top.
- Place in a 200ºC oven for 15-20 minutes until the pasty is crisp and golden.