17g Sachet Dried Yeast
250g Plain White Flour
½ Tsp Salt
2 Tbs Olive Oil
4 Tbs Olive Oil
2 Garlic Cloves Crushed
2 Tbs Fresh Rosemary, coarsely chopped
½ Tsp Crushed Black Pepper
1 Tsp Maldon Salt
Large Handful Olives
- Oil a baking sheet.
- Put the yeast, flour and salt in a food processor and pulse briefly
to sift the ingredients.
- Mix the oil with 180ml warm water and with the machine running,
pour it through the tube.
- Process in short burst until a soft mass forms that is sticky and
- Scoop out the dough adding 4 extra tablespoons of flour as you
knead, roll and pat the dough on a work surface.
- Put the ball of dough in a oiled bowl, enclosing in a large plastic
bag and leave in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size,
- Pat and stretch the dough into a rectangle (32x22cm) and transfer
to the oiled baking sheet.
- Mix the oil, garlic, rosemary, pepper and salt in a bowl. Pour
the mixture over the dough.
- Prod the dough with your finger to form dimples and push the olives
into them. Rest for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 200°C for 25-30 minutes until crusty.