MARINATED LAMB WITH CORIANDER SAUCE
- 1 leg of lamb or shoulder or lamb loin fillets
- 3 tbs cumin, salt and pepper
- curry bowl4 tbs olive oil mixed with 6 crushed cloves of garlic
- Sauce – 2 whole heads of garlic
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2/3 cup thick plain yoghurt
- 2 tbs cream
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp cumin and coriander
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Rub the cumin, pepper oil and garlic over the lamb and allow to marinate.
- To make the sauce, heat the oven to 180 degrees, slice the top off 2 whole garlic bulbs, put them in foil and roast for 45 mins until soft. Let them cool before squeezing the pulp from the skins.
- Put the garlic, yoghurt,cream, mustard vinegar , cumin , coriander , salt, pepper and nutmeg in a magimix and pulse until smooth.
- Cook the lamb for 4 hours at 180 degrees so that it is meltingly tender.
- Serve scattered with chopped parsley and pine nuts and the coriander sauce