and Onion Tarte Tatin
SERVES 4- 6
- Plain flour for dusting
- 1 roll puff pastry
- 50g butter
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 25g castor sugar
- 1 small bunch fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 4-5 white endive ends trimmed and halved lengthways
- 1 log soft goats cheese
- Handful of toasted pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- On a floured surface, roll out pastry and trim into a 25cm circle.
Prick with a fork and chill.
- Melt half the butter in a frying pan, add the onion and gently fry
until soft and lightly browned, set aside
- Heat the remaining butter in a frying pan, and then sprinkle the
sugar into the pan in an even layer. Cook over low heat until sugar
has melted, then increase heat and cook until caramelised.
- Remove pan from heat, and then scatter thyme over the caramel and
top with endive halves (in a single layer). Season well. Crumble over
the cheese, a handful of pine nuts and spoon over the onions.
- Drape the pastry over the pan, tucking in the edges and bake for
30-35 minutes until golden and risen.
Cool in pan before turning out into a platter.