- 100g Butter
- 100g Cake Flour
- 4 Jumbo Eggs, Separated
- Finely Grated Peel of 1 Orange
- 1 Cup Fresh Orange Juice
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 80g Castor Sugar
- Pinch Cream of Tartar
- Icing Sugar to Dust
- icing sugar to dust
- Cream or Ice-Cream to serve
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Add flour and stir until smooth. Cook for 1 minute (Do not brown). Remove saucepan from stove and beat in egg yolks, orange peel and strained orange and lemon juice a little at a time. Return to stove and stir over low heat to make a smooth, thick sauce. Simmer gently for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from stove, stir in castor sugar and cool slightly.
- Whisk egg whites, then add cream of tartar and whisk until stiff.
- Carefully fold orange sauce into whisked egg whites.
- Tip the mixture into 4 large ramekins and bake for 20 minutes or until springy to the touch.
- Remove from oven and dust with icing sugar.
- Serve with orange salad and ice-cream/cream