Pasta with Pea Pesto and Baby
- 500g taglitelle
- 300g frozen peas
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 4 tbs single cream
- 75g watercress
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 40g parmesan cheese, grated
- 200g cooked small beetroots, halved
- 50g almonds, finely chopped
- 150g cooked green beans
- Cook the taglitelle in lightly salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes
until tender, adding a third of the peas for the last 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the remaining peas with the oil, garlic and seasoning
in a covered pan for 5 minutes, then add the cream and watercress
and cook for a further 2 minutes. Blend with 125ml of the pasta cooking
water until smooth. Season to taste.
- Drain the taglitelle, and then toss with the sauce and parmesan,
green beans, almonds and beetroots.
- Garnish with shaved parmesan.