- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup washed red lentils
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- ½ tsp tumeric
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 chopped green chilli
- 1 tbs fresh coriander chopped
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 tomatoes peeled and chopped
- Put water, salt,garlic, lentils and tumeric in pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes until lentils are soft. ( add water if necessary )
- Heat oil and butter in frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cumin seeds and chilli and cook until onions are golden.
- Stir in coriander, paprika and tomatoes. Remove from heat and add to cooked lentils.
- Serve with chopped coriander on top.