Escalopes of veal with artichokes
- 1 can artichoke hearts
- juice of 1lemon
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs butter
- 800 g veal escalopes
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 tbs chopped parsley
- ¼ cup pouring cream
- Heat the oil and butter in a large pan.
- Add the veal and brown gently over moderate heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the artichokes, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle the wine over all.
- As soon as all the wine has evaporated, stir in the parsley and cream.
- Cover and reduce the heat to low. Continue cooking for about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the escalopes to a serving dish.
- Arrange the artichokes on the dish and coat with the sauce. Serve immediately.