- 150 g asparagus
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 3 zucchini, halved length ways and fine sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 100 g baby spinach
- 2 tbs chopped basil
- 75 g grated parmesan
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 4 jumbo eggs
- Remove the tips of the asparagus and slice the remaining stems.
- Boil the stems in salted water for 2 minutes then add the tips and cook for 1 minute.
- Drain. Refresh. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and cook onion until soft.
- Add the zucchini and cook until soft and golden brown
- Add the garlic, cook for a minute and finally add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the asparagus and basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grease a 20 cm spring form tim with butter and dust with 1 tbs of the parmesan.
- Mix together the ricotta, mascarpone, eggs and 1/2 a cup of the parmesan.
- Add to the cooled vegetables.
- Mix well and taste for seasoning.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and scatter with the remaining parmesan.
- Place in the oven, on a tray to catch any drips and cook for about 30 minutes.
- The top should be light brown and the mixture should still wobble in the centre.
- Leave to cool for 30 minutes.
- Chill in the fridge for 3 hours until the torte has set.
- Serve garnished with rocket.