Whiskey and White
Chocolate Bread and ButterPudding
- 500ml milk
- 500ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 whole eggs
- 6 egg yolk
- 200g castor sugar
- 6 / 8 large croissants
- 25g sultanas
- 25g butter, melted
- 175g white chocolate, cut into shards
- 75my whiskey
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC.
- Pour the milk and cream into a pan, add the vanilla and gradually
bring to the boil.
- Place the eggs, egg yolks and sugar in a mixing bowl and mix gently
using the whisk attachment on a low setting.
- While the cream is heating, slice the croissants and place in an
oven proof dish slightly overlapping the pieces. Sprinkle with sultanas
and pour over the butter.
- Once the cream has boiled, take it off the
heat. Add the egg mixture and chocolate and stir well. Place to one
side off the heat to allow the chocolate to melt, stirring occasionally.
- Then add the whisky to the cream mixture.
- Using a sieve, strain the cream over the croissants and bake in
the oven for 20 - 25min or until almost set.
- Remove from the oven and dust with icing sugar. Caramelize the topping
using a very hot grill or, if you have one, a blowtorch. This is best
served at room temperature, with a spoonful of ice cream.